Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Nappy Punishment For My Son

the major

Second Farm

So here I went to my second farm to lend a hand to Guy (who takes off June 3 in Berlin for a sand sculpture competition) and who is doing not in its plantations. Must also be said that the garden is quite huge!

And I thought being in the woods just before I was wrong. Here I am in the woods.

Guy lives with his two children: Sevelin (14 years) and Naim (17) in that other little paradise. This leads me to digress for a moment to talk about the Canadian school system (haaa).

The Canadian education system is very different from ours. School begins at 6 years (until then it's the same). The primary is 6 years (5 for us) and then comes the secondary which lasts 5 years (college and high school together, for us) and after a review that is consistent with our pan, or the student decides to stop or he goes to CEGEP (yes that's the CEGEP). CEGEP, there are two possibilities, to vocational training, and so short as it lasts 2 years or make a pre-university study lasts 3 years. And after that the university (master and doctorate). But beware the CEGEP is only for the French part of Canada.

In this farm, you grow medicinal plants, then sell them to people who market infusions. The job is to feed the p'tites fragile shoots and transplanted plots of land. I learn to serve me even has a nice tractor, I want to let go. HHHaaa I love my tractor!

And there is also picking (apple blossoms, petals and dandelions, are super good in a salad also, plus it's nice). Ha and then do lil things good to eat and allows me to discover full of small seeds that I did not know ... mmmhhh!

Ha then I have little time to learn to play the djembe. Ah yes, Guy is a teacher and had his small factory tam tam! I'll be able to fart at the Canadian VIP parties where the practice of tom toms appear to be essential ... After two trips to Africa, it is never too late.

raining until Thursday and it's really cold too. Brrrr.

Thursday! there it is! it's nice and warm, finally! That's where I'm going to a meeting that will change the course of my trip: the black fly!

Tabarouate!

(Small note to ARMELLE everything you have told us to scare us and ben it was true!)

The Fly raging in forest areas and to water points (ie across rural Canada what. If you want to be quiet or stay in town at the seaside but also avoid the Abitibi and Lac St. Jean (who should have been my next destination, moreover, in place towards the sea to the east). It is a tiny fly that trimballe band (about thirty when everything goes well). When she sees a piece of skin, it falls on you for you vampirize. But especially in the hours after you toast the most. Tips for the itch: rub your pimples with onion, it stinks but it works. For my part, it's downright bath onion juice should be. I add up the entire face, a good couple of bites. Above all, protect your orifices (eyes, ears, nose) because they try to return to bite you from the inside and suck your brain (well maybe I exaggerate a little). It looks like a Romero film.

the afternoon, we are called to the rescue by Gerald (pronounced Erald in Quebec) is a thoroughbred Quebec campaign and talking about the real thing Quebec campaigns (ie in pronouncing a letter in four). Gerald has a maple and tails season to remove the lines: ie replace all the pipes in the maple forest. On arrival, Gerald has already left the first, head down, the end of the hose attached to his belt. I do not understand what is happening. Beside me, Line (his wife, who wears on her head a portable mosquito net! Ingenious!) Rolls out the big roll of pipe (more than a mile at least!). Gerald slows the progression, it looks to force. It's time to send someone to help pull. Suddenly, I was told to go. I cling to the pipe and it left my kiki! My short legs do not compete with that of Gerald. I try as best they could stay hooked to the hose. A branch tears off my hat, I get it half to four feet, I avoid a second branch (is that there are many in a forest). Suddenly a hole! I dive in, catch me at the last moment to a branch (again). The ground is still muddy. Poo! my boot (too big) gets stuck in the slurry. I choke when swallowing flies. I continue to run, avoiding go on, and at every step of the four irons in the air. Suddenly, you stop. Haaaaa!! I blow. Guy, a few meters behind me screaming to bring the hose over the shoulder (is that I tend to hang myself to him). Flies take the opportunity to take their snack and suddenly it started again, a sudden slip, slide and company, they finally stopped after 10 minutes (and believe me it's long when you run the drill attached to pipe) all breathless, full of bruises and bites of flies.

But It's not over! A little turn Gerald to recover from another roll and start again. Only there, not mad, I let the men, and I'm going to end. It takes 3 minutes. It's perfect!

Then stroll through the woods to gather pine seedlings, and then re-attack of the fly. I come away whole bloated, more!

Sunday evening Marie Claude coming to dinner! Small farewell party before returning to Quebec. I'm still sad, I'd be still remained a bit me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment